Leaf International Corporation (”Leaf,” “we” or “us”), a Delaware corporation, operates the website available at https://withleaf.io/ website (the “Website”), and the application programming interface (the “Leaf API”) made available by Leaf on the Website. The Website and Leaf API may be referred to collectively as the “Services”.
Leaf Customers that use the Leaf API in connection with the software applications that they develop may also collect information from the End Users of those software applications. Those Leaf Customers are responsible for providing notice to and obtaining consent from End Users regarding the collection, use, maintenance and disclosure of End User Data. If you are using a software application that was developed using the Leaf API, please contact the developer of that software application for additional details regarding its practices.
1. Ownership of Data
2. Information We Collect
We collect several different types of information and use it for various purposes, including in conjunction with providing and improving our Services.
3. Personal Data
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). For example, we may collect information when you create or manage a Customer Account or otherwise request an API Key, or if you contact us via the Services.
Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Company name and title
- Phone number
- Address, city, state, province, ZIP/postal code, country
- Cookies and data concerning use of the Services
4. End User Data
Our Customers may use the Leaf API to allow their Customer Applications to connect with or access third party applications and sources of data, so Leaf may receive and collect certain data provided by or via those third party applications and sources of data (collectively, “End User Data”). For example, this information could include farm management data, machine data, land data, agronomic data, and weather and climate data.
We may collect and analyze data and other information relating to the provision, use and performance of the Services and related systems and technologies (including, without limitation, Customer Data and End User Data, and data derived from Customer Data, End User Data and any use of the Service) (collectively, “Output”) for any purpose permitted under applicable law, including, without limitation, to improve and enhance the Services and for other development, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with the Services and other Leaf offerings. We may disclose such data solely in aggregate or other de-identified form in connection with its business and Services.
5. Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you use our Services or when you access our Services by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit and the features of the Services that you use, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
6. Tracking & Cookie Data
Your web browser or mobile device may allow you to refuse certain cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session cookies: Used to operate and manage your sessions when using the Services.
- Preference cookies: Used to remember user preferences and settings for the Services.
- Security cookies: Used to implement and manage security protocols for the Services.
7. Google Analytics
We may use Google Analytics, a third party provider of analytics tools, or a similar third party service to analyze information about visits to our Site. You can learn "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps" at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For information about opting out of Google Analytics please visit: Google Analytics Optout.
8. Access to Information by Third Parties
We may provide your Personal Data and End User Data to our affiliates and third parties we use to help us provide our Services and/or to provide additional services to you or on our behalf. Those third parties may provide a variety of services to or for us, including, without limitation, maintaining our customer lists and sending marketing materials on our behalf, and making Customer Applications available to you.
We expect any third-party partners that You have authorized access to your data will abide by the privacy policies that they provide when collecting your information. Use of Data
- To provide, improve, enhance and maintain the Services, and for other development, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with the Services and other Leaf offerings
- To establish your Customer Account
- To communicate with you about our Services and notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer care and support and respond to inquiries
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Services
- To monitor the usage of the Services and learn about use of the Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To prevent, detect, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services, or other actions that may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of our Services, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities
- To comply with any court order or request of a governmental agency and when we reasonably believe that the law requires it
9. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that your data, including Personal Data, may be transferred to the United States for processing and storage.
10. Disclosure of Data
Leaf may disclose your data as described above. It may also disclose any of your data to third parties when it has a good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation, including any court order or request of a governmental agency, and when we reasonably believe that the law requires it
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Leaf and others
- To prevent, detect and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services, or other actions that may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of our Service, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Services and others
- To protect against legal liability
11. Updating Your Information
If you are a Customer and at any time you would like to access, modify, or delete your Personal Data, please access your Customer Account, which allows you to view, modify and delete certain Personal Data that we have collected.
12. Links to Other Sites
13. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our records.
14. Changes to This Policy
You have the questions, we have the answersContact us