Leaf’s commercial team combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Leaf to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that new value and even new industries will be built with farm data and companies need better technology and supporting infrastructure to unlock these markets. You'll be the one helping us achieve this vision. You will play a key role in defining our sales strategy, executing against our pipeline goals to drive strong customer and revenue acquisition, and building a world-class talent incubator for Leaf.
The Account Executive (AE) will report to Leaf Agriculture’s head of sales, work remotely, and will be responsible for the sales and business development success of the company in their region. This will be accomplished through proactive sales, business development, channel management, solid market execution skills, and the ability to develop strong relationships. The desired candidate will have proven knowledge and experience in Agribusiness, Sales, and Market Development.
- Identify, present, promote, and sell the Leaf Agriculture API services to prospective customers.
- Segmented and sub-segment the market in the assigned territory and create a structured approach to prospecting and selling.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Provide feedback regarding customer usage to Leaf Agriculture’s Sales, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Keep all customer and activity information live and up-to-date in HubSpot.
- Provide feedback to Leaf Agriculture’s marketing team on content required by prospects.
- Excel in performing discovery to uncover a prospect's Use Cases, determine buying criteria, and timeline.
- Ability to control the sales cycle.
- Demonstrate knowledge of software platforms frequently used in the agribusiness sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills in group settings as well as web-based.
- Excellent at managing time, priorities, and expenses.
- Able to work independently while being a team player.
- Proven initiative and willingness to identify opportunities and take action.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a high degree of collaboration and optimism.
- Initiative and a continuous learner mentality.
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or business development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated track record of sales and business development achievement in a hands-on environment.
- Must be equally comfortable selling to in-field locations as well as to C-level executives
- Proven knowledge and network of agribusiness companies – preferably agronomic service companies, fertilizer, and crop protection retail companies, agricultural cooperatives, and food companies.
- Consistent track record for meetings or exceeding quota.
- Remote working skills including virtual meeting and communication tools
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Google Suite applications (and similar office suites).
- Travel required to meet with customers as needed. In addition, the position may require occasional travel to industry events and trade shows.