Since 2014, Sentera’s mission has been to deliver time-sensitive agricultural insights to help growers get the most out of every acre. Data captured through satellites, drones and sensors is integrated into their farm management software, FieldAgent® to help farmers follow their field throughout the growing season, enabling timely management decisions.
Now you can use Leaf’s API to access data from Sentera’s FieldAgent software, easing developer resources, reducing time spent on maintenance and with added peace of mind that the Leaf team is here to help when you need it.
FieldAgent provides near real-time field insights based on drone imagery featuring:
NDVI and RGB images
- Analyze imagery for plant health, plant stress and visual color for scouting and crop damage assessments.
- Allows users to capture population counts on every acre of their operation. The results can be exported as a layer (.geojson) or as a mosaic (.tif image).
- Delivers tassel count for late season stand count on every acre of a corn field.
Sentera Data Example Use Cases:
Quickly access on-demand high resolution imagery within your application
- Agronomic zones to build recommendations and prescriptions
- Evaluations of seed, input and equipment performance
- Diagnosis of in-season growing problems
- Add valuable data points to your in season offering such as:
Create more accurate recommendations with as planted data, stand count, tassel count and yield maps
- Use stand count data to validate plant emergence and hybrid/variety stand uniformity
- Confirm late season stand count and check hybrid standability with tassel count data
Send more refined prescriptions
- Incorporate stand count data sets for improved prescriptions sent from your application to the machine
Increase the year round value of your solution
- Help customers improve farm management decisions with in-season, field-level insights
In addition, data through FieldAgent is available through a new service called “layers”, currently in beta on the Leaf API. Developers will be able to have direct access to the original images (RGB), the NDVI, and the layers with the data from stand and tassel count stored in the Sentera application.
Guide to Integration with Sentera
- Step 1: Create a Leaf User (per FieldAgent account)
- Step 2: Add Sentera credentials to a Leaf User
- Step 3: Field Pooling
- Step 4: NDVI and RGB pooling
Step 1: Create A Leaf User
Leaf’s API uses an abstraction called Leaf User to store credentials and organize data for each individual data owner. A Leaf User will need to be created per Sentera FieldAgent account.
To send your credentials to Leaf, you will need your access token from Leaf, and have already created a Leaf User. If you don’t know how to do that,
Step 2: Add Sentera Credentials To A Leaf User
Now, attach your credentials to the Leaf User you created. Send a POST to:
with the following information.
Step 3: Field Pooling
Leaf’s API will automatically pool the fields present in Sentera's API and organize it under the Leaf User created in step 2.
To access the fields, use the "provider" parameter to filter for "Sentera" on the fields endpoint: GET
Step 4: NDVI Pooling
Leaf's API will also automatically pool the NDVI and organize under the field created in step 3.
To see the available NDVI images, GET:
Success! With those four simple steps, your Leaf API is now connected with Sentera.
Software developers use Leaf’s API to build and scale a wide range of products including farm optimization tools, lending products, outcome-based financing, land and input marketplaces, agronomic recommendations, traceability applications, equipment maintenance forecasting, and more.